CMLW Consulting is currently a Sole Trader and not part of a larger organisation.
The Data Controller is Catherine Watson, Principal, CMLW Consulting.
As Data Controller Catherine Watson is responsible for all areas of Data Protection regulation. The firm does not process volumes of data at the time of writing to require a Data Protection Officer.
You can contact the Data Controller by E-Mail, Post, Phone, Text or via the Website. The details are;
Post: Northumberland House, 29 Hastings Gardens, New Hartley. NE25 0RN
What information do we collect about you?
We collection information about you when you;
How will we use the information about you?
1. When you subscribe to our mailing list we use your name and email address to send you useful information about our products and services as well as related information that we feel will be of value to you. Our Lawful Basis for doing this is Consent.
2. When you interact with us via the Chat facility on the website we use your name and email as well as transcripts of any chats provided to answer your queries and questions and build a knowledge base of what our customers and visitors are looking for from us. Our Lawful Basis for doing this is Legitimate Interest.
3. When you complete and submit the contact us form on the website, we use details of your initial enquiry as well as your name and email address. Our Lawful Basis for doing this is Legitimate Interest.
4. When you enquire about or place an order for any of our services we use the data you give us to produce and provide quotations, deliver the service and collect payment. Our Lawful Basis for doing this is Contract.
5. When you have completed your business with us we retain your details in line with legal requirements i.e. tax records for HMRC. Our Lawful Basis for doing this is Legal Obligation.
6. When you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions we collect your details such as your name, email address and other contact information if supplied and a preference for using that contact information is expressed by the Data Subject. Our Lawful Basis for doing this is Legitimate Interest.
We only retain your data for as long as it is legally or commercially necessary to do so and in accordance with your rights as a Data Subject. Our Retention Schedule can be found Here
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit http://www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We have enabled IP Anonymisation for our Google Analytics to ensure that no personal information including IP addresses is collected when you visit our website.
CMLW Consulting is the admin for the following pages and groups on Facebook;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/776393519889838 – The Data Privacy and Digital Skills Members Hub
Due to the sheer number of Facebook users and the complexity of the platform it is important to us that you understand how your data is used by both Facebook and ourselves whether anonomysed or not so that you are in full control of your privacy choices. Knowlege is power and if you have a good understanding of how your data is used then you can allow/deny it to suit your own needs i.e. you might like targeted personalised advertising from Facebook or you may not, knowlege makes sure the choice is yours.
We have therefore opted for a ‘layered approach’ to make it easier for you to find what you need rather than one enormous privacy page. Here is a link to our Social Media Privacy Information which also contains links more detailed Data protection information regarding our Facebook pages as well as links to the relevant pages on the Facebook website as well as other useful privacy links and a link back to this privacy notice.
3rd Party Processors
A list of those organisations who process data on our behalf and for what purpose is given below as are links to their own Privacy Policies for your reference;
PayPal – We use PayPal for Online Transactions such as debit/credit card payments and only retain the information needed to process, record and evidence the payment. You will find PayPal’s Privacy Notice HERE.
Barclays Bank – For payments received into our bank account online. You will find Barclays Bank’s Privacy Notice HERE.
We do not accept cheques as a form of payment.
Microsoft – All our email and client detail data is securely stored and processed online via Microsoft 365 and OneDrive. You will find Microsoft’s Privacy Notice HERE.
Where we are obliged to provide personal data we hold to statutory authorities such as HMRC or the ICO, our Lawful Basis for processing this data is Legal Obligation. The privacy notices for the two regulatory organisations mentioned can be found HERE (HMRC) and HERE (ICO)
CMLW Consulting will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies. If you order from us and it is necessary to do so, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies although we do not currently do this at the time of writing.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies that have products or services which we think may be of interest to you. If we have any commercial agreement with any of these companies will disclose it to you when mailing you. If it is something we have come across in our travels on the Internet and we have no relationship with the company concerned please make your own checks as to the suitability of the product or service if you are interested in it. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may withdraw this consent at any time and you will receive no further emails. In order to ensure you do not receive any further emails we may store your email address on an ‘unsubscribed list’. If you do not wish us to do that please let us know and your details will be removed.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, email email@example.com with the words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line of your email.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post: Northumberland House, 29 Hastings Gardens, New Hartley. NE25 0RN. We will not charge unless we feel it is necessary and you would be notified before any charge was applied. There would only be a charge if it was both necessary and in compliance with current UK/EU legislation.
We want to make sure that your any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
For a full breakdown of your rights see the ICO’s web resource ‘Your Data Matters’, detailing your individual rights. You can find it by clicking HERE.
How to contact us